In 1866, an Act of Congress created six all-black peacetime regiments, later consolidated into four –– the 9th and 10th Cavalry, and the 24th and 25th Infantry –– who became…
- Here’s What Happened the Night Mulugeta Seraw Was Murdered—and Afterward
- How Pittsburgh’s Freedom House Pioneered Paramedic Treatment
- The Failed 1846 Amendment That Tried to Contain Slavery
- SERGEANT WILLIAM HARVEY CARNEY: FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN AWARDED THE CONGRESSIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR
- California Once Tried to Ban Black People
No comments to show.